Below are the some of the details about how operations on campus have changed to help keep us as healthy and safe as possible. Your supervisor or department head will email you with specific details if you have been identified as an employee returning to campus.
- Staff who are returning to campus are required to complete COVID-19 response training. Your supervisor will send the link to the training when they notify you of your return to campus. The training is also at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5966192393615081740.
- Student leaders from the Pittsburgh campus have created the Pitt Community Compact and have asked students, faculty, and staff on all campuses to take this pledge to emphasize our culture of adhering to behaviors to protect the community. The compact focuses on your individual health and well-being, your impact on others, and your accountability. At the end of training, you will have the opportunity to review and take the pledge online.
- Effective Monday, Jan. 25, 2021, faculty and staff will no longer be required to complete the health check app before entering a building on campus. Some exceptions will occur: University offices may still require staff to complete this step and faculty, staff and students who are in quarantine or isolation will be required to complete the app.
- All students, faculty, and staff are required to wear face coverings at all times on campus, unless you are in a private space or eating. The University is providing at least one Pitt face covering for faculty and staff returning to campus. Your email from your supervisor will provide you with details about how your face covering will be distributed to you.
- All students, faculty, and staff will be required to swipe or tap their Pitt ID to enter buildings on campus. Thermal scanners remain in place for temperature checks, and all students, faculty or staff who lack the authority to be on campus—or any Pitt affiliates who are supposed to be in quarantine or isolation—will not have swipe access to enter campus facilities. Supervisors or department heads will activate building access for those employees who are returning to campus to work. Supervisors can also work to provide one-time access to those employees who need one-time access to their office.
- Each Pitt unit (e.g. a lab, work team, department, residence hall area) will have a designated Pandemic Safety Ambassador. Ambassadors are resources for you and will assist with questions and the execution of our operational plans.