Below are the some of the details about how operations on campus will be different this fall. Your supervisor or department head will email you with specific details if you have been identified as an employee returning to campus.
- Staff who are returning to campus are required to complete COVID-19 response training. Your supervisor will send the link to the training when they notify you of your return to campus. The training is also at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5966192393615081740.
For those of you who are already working on campus, you will need to complete the new training as well. Your supervisor or department head will provide you with instructions about this training in the coming weeks.
- Student leaders from the Pittsburgh campus have created the Pitt Community Compact and have asked students, faculty, and staff on all campuses to take this pledge to emphasize our culture of adhering to behaviors to protect the community. The compact focuses on your individual health and well-being, your impact on others, and your accountability. At the end of training, you will have the opportunity to review and take the pledge online.
- Prior to coming to campus every day, employees are required to attest to their health using the Daily COVID-19 Health Check app, which is available on the Pitt Mobile App and my.pitt.edu. Simply log in using your Pitt credentials, look for the thermometer icon, and answer two questions about how you are feeling and whether you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. It is an essential part of how we work together to keep you and other members of our community safe.
- All students, faculty, and staff are required to wear face coverings at all times on campus, unless you are in a private space or eating. The University is providing at least one Pitt face covering for faculty and staff returning to campus. Your email from your supervisor will provide you with details about how your face covering will be distributed to you.
- All students, faculty, and staff will be required to swipe or tap their Pitt ID to enter buildings on campus. Supervisors or department heads will activate building access for those employees who are returning to campus to work. Supervisors can also work to provide one-time access to those employees who need one-time access to their office.
- Each Pitt unit (e.g. a lab, work team, department, residence hall area) will have a designated Pandemic Safety Ambassador. Ambassadors are resources for you and will assist with questions and the execution of our operational plans.