With what guidelines related to COVID-19 are Providers required to comply when performing work on property owned or controlled by the University?
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the University has modified its normal operating procedures to protect the health and safety of the University community. All Provider personnel, including Provider’s employees, agents, representatives, and subcontracted suppliers (collectively, “Personnel”), must comply with the following requirements when entering, present on, or performing services on any property owned or controlled by the University:
- Compliance with Federal Guidelines Concerning Continued Operations on University Property. The University requires Provider to comply with applicable guidance set forth by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) for COVID-19 mitigation, including, but not limited to, social distancing, self-monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19, hygiene practices, provision of face coverings for all Personnel on property owned or controlled by the University, and education of all Personnel regarding COVID-19 mitigation measures. Current CDC guidance includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining a social distance of at least six feet between individuals.
- Washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces owned by the Provider such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, tools, and instruments.
- Avoiding use of other persons’ phones, tools, or other equipment.
- Ensuring persons who are sick stay home and do not enter, remain present on, or perform services on property owned or controlled by the University.
Current PA guidance recommends that all individuals wear a face covering in public. The University currently expects all Providers, all of Provider’s Personnel, and any other people on property owned or controlled by the University, to wear a face covering. Self-supplied face coverings are encouraged and preferred.
Provider is responsible for Personnel’s compliance with CDC guidelines. Provider shall ensure that Provider and Provider’s Personnel comply with CDC guidelines and maintain compliance on an ongoing basis if such guidelines are updated.
- Notification to University in the Event of Positive COVID-19 Case. In the event that any Personnel is or has been present or performing services on property owned or controlled by the University and tests positive for COVID-19 or has been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, then Provider shall: (a) immediately notify the University officials listed below; (b) take immediate action to quarantine such person and any other Personnel who may have come in contact with the person testing positive for COVID-19; (c) and assist the University in identifying any other persons on property owned or controlled by the University who may have come in contact with such person. University will clean and disinfect all areas any infected person may have contacted on property owned or controlled by the University. Any cleaning or sanitation costs resulting from a positive COVID-19 test of Personnel may be the responsibility of Provider.
- University of Pittsburgh Department of Environmental Health & Safety at 412-624-9505.
- If this situation arises in the context of a construction contract, the Provider shall also notify the appropriate project manager.
- Compliance with Further Guidelines. Due to the changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, Provider will continue to monitor and comply with: (a) future CDC guidance and any other federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, and guidance; (b) the University’s operating procedures; and (c) directives or requirements of the University relating to the protection, health, and safety of the University community.
Provider Covenant to Comply with COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
The Provider Covenant to Comply with COVID-19 Policies and Procedures is required to be signed by any supplier that will be on property owned or controlled by the University. Visit the Purchase, Pay & Travel website for more information.