Research teams at the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC have mobilized to plan and implement clinical trials and clinical research studies related to COVID-19. Given the rapidity of the spread of disease, timely and efficient implementation of studies are critical to their success.
To support and facilitate these studies, the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) is mobilizing to help coordinate resources, expertise, research tools and lab capabilities. CTSI will catalogue every Pitt or UPMC COVID-19-related research protocol involving human subjects and/or associated biosamples, electronic health records and other data. This will enable Pitt and UPMC to:
- Identify collaborative opportunities among study teams
- Coordinate with HRPO to streamline regulatory submissions
- Assess researchers’ needs
- Provide research tools (e.g., electronic consents)
- Leverage expertise (e.g., study design)
- Link to institutional resources (e.g., biobanking, Health Record Research Request (R3))
- Harmonize data elements across studies
- Help provide integration with national and international research efforts
All principal investigators planning or conducting COVID-19-related studies should submit a brief description of their proposal. Funding opportunities are available from multiple sources. Please send requests for additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org.