If you return to the University of Pittsburgh campus for the 2020-2021 academic year and you decide to participate in housing, dining, academic programing and/or University services and activities, on and off campus, there are several important considerations regarding COVID-19. Much of this information has been shared with you in the mandatory online training and is also available on this website. Please confirm the following:
- I understand that the University has developed new standards and guidelines in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, which may be updated at any time. I understand these standards and guidelines may or may not be effective in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 and I agree to comply with such standards and guidelines which include, but are not limited to, face covering, hand washing, hand sanitizing, self-quarantining, reporting illness, contact tracing and social distancing.
- I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and the inherent risks of exposure to those who may be infected with COVID-19. I understand and acknowledge that given the unknown nature of COVID-19 it is not possible to fully list each and every individual risk of contracting COVID-19. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the University while participating in housing, dining, academic programing and University services and activities, on and off campus. I recognize that the University cannot limit all potential vectors for COVID-19 infection.
- I agree to cooperate and provide complete information in response to any contact tracing inquiries. I further understand and agree that information associated with contact tracing efforts, including my personal information and responses, may be collected by the University and provided to the Allegheny County Department of Health as required by law.
- I understand that failing to comply with University standards and guidelines is a violation of the University’s Student Code of Conduct and that failing to comply could subject me to sanctions ranging from probation through dismissal.
- I acknowledge that I have been given all the information that I may need to determine the risks associated with returning to the University and to make an informed assumption of those risks.
- Upon my review of the information and known personal risks and dangers associated with contracting COVID-19, if I decide to participate in housing, dining, academic programing and University services and/or activities, on and off campus, I am doing so voluntarily and I understand that I am assuming the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 and that such exposure or infection of COVID-19 is inherently dangerous.
- I acknowledge that no party related to University, including any officer, employee, agent, volunteer, or student, has made any representations to me regarding the safety of, or the risks of, returning to University and housing, dining, academic programing and University services and activities, on and off campus, and that I have relied instead on my own judgment as to whether to undertake the risks and return to the University.
Please acknowledge your review and understanding of this information, as well as your willingness to abide by the requirements and responsibilities.