See the completed Health Standards and Guidelines.
Do Your Part
There are simple things all of us can do to help keep ourselves and our community healthy and safe.
- Whether indoors or outdoors, practice physical distancing by keeping at least six feet of distance between yourself and others whenever possible.
- Wear your face covering.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, do so in a disposable tissue or your bended elbow.
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that’s at least 70% alcohol.
- Frequently clean high-touch surfaces within your area, like your desk and office doorknob using the supplied materials.
- Try to use your elbow on high-touch public surfaces, like elevator buttons or push-open doors.
- Limit the time you spend with others in small spaces like bathrooms and elevators.
What Pitt is Doing
We’re hard at work doing our part to help keep our community healthy and safe.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols will be in place across campus.
- We’re reinforcing physical distancing by rearranging furniture, installing barriers and posting signage.
- The occupancy capacity of buildings, classrooms and offices are significantly reduced.
- Special attention is being paid to interior ventilation to ensure it supports a healthy and safe work environment.
- We’ve installed more than 400 hand sanitizing stations around campus.
- We’re changing the way we think about teaching, learning, living, researching and working.
See the completed Health Standards and Guidelines. Additional Health Standards and Guidelines will be released in July.